Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Message

Acts 16:16-    Title: Has God Called You Out?

Paul and Silas were imprisoned because they cast the spirit of divination out of a woman who had been following them for weeks while they preach. They were put in the inner most part of the prison and the jailer was told to watch them. At midnight, Paul and Silas began sing the praise of the Lord. Suddenly an earthquake came shook the place.The chains of the prisoners were loosed and the door of the prison flew open. The jailer was scared, he supposed to take his life. He cried out. Paul assured him that everyone was still there. The jailer and his whole family ended up saved.


The relevation on this Word is that eventhough sometimes you are free to go, you have to stay where are so that someone else might not get hurt. Years ago, I went through a similar situation with my mother. She was in a bad relationship with a man who was on drugs. I was an adult, I was free to go at anytime but because I dwelled in her house, God's protection stayed on the household. 

One day, my mother came home and said I feel like I am in a prison. I knew something was about to happen. Within two months our house burned down. God had called us out of that particular place but we were still in bondage because the man she lived with didn't change. We moved to a house on the street like she like it so she could walk from her car to the house. We close to my brother which was also a desire of her heart. Everything that was given to us after the fire was better than what we had ever own but still there was bondage. My mother's boyfriend was still with us but little by little my mother chains came off. Little by little, this man started losing the hold he had over our mother because we children refused to leave her alone.


 Finally, her boyfriend got caught by the police doing a crime that made him go into an actual jail. My mother could not pay his way out of get him out of trouble this time.  This was my mother's ticket out. I remember grabbing her hand and praying for her telling her the 7 was the number of completion. It was exactly 7 since they had met. It had been 5 years since I had been in the situation. The number five represents the grace of God.

My mother kept in contact with the man for year from jail but he never came back at all. I  was definitely called out but I couldn't leave my mother in that situation. It took 15 years for me to finally leave West Virginia to make to another state to live plus go back to school. I am greatful for all th opportunities that the Lord has blessed me with but I had to serve somewhere were it was uncomfortable in order to get where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting God bless.